Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fife Photography Week 4


This week for fun we had several options to choose from. I decided to document "a day in the life". What I found the most difficult, was picking out the pictures. I only took 105. Ha!

 

 

This is nap time. My two oldest get to lay down in the living room with me. Clearly Jeremiah actually slept, and well Chris pretended he was asleep. I just bought a new lens, the Canon 50mm f1.8. These were all shot with that lens at ISO 3200. The lights were off so the only light available was from the TV and an open window, with overcast skies. I really love these shots, because it looks exactly the way it did in the room, and truly shows it was nap time. Love the shadows in it.



Jeremiah was pretty upset with me. I had accidentally thrown out his drink. Oops, bad mommy. 


Jacob just after nap. Gotta love the hairdo. 

We had brownie sundaes for desert. The kids were pretty excited about them. These shots I changed the ISO to 1600 with the aperture between 2 and 2.8, shutter speed of 1/40.





Getting ready to go take baths. Gotta love that my boys put their chairs on the couch to sit on them.




Finally had to include this last one, even though you can see the huge mess in the back. This is a typical scene in my house. This last photo I switched back to my kit lens, 18-55.


I am going to try and practice my settings tomorrow, shooting at the highest ISO inside and the lowest outside. That is if the weather cooperates. 


ISO 6400, f3.5, 1/80, 50mm
ISO 100, f2.8, 1/1600, 50mm

Well I was able to practice the settings. Zooming in the photos I can definitely tell the difference. It was nice to be able to go outside for a change.



No comments: