Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fife Photography Homework Week 3

This week's homework was for us to show leading lines, tell a story, or use shapes. We could do one, two or all three of these options. Every week I keep hoping I can take some pictures outside, for something different, have access to better lighting from the sun etc. Needless to say, the 20 degrees weather we had today forced us to stay inside. And since I do my homework on the weekend, well.....

I chose to "tell a story" first. Since my oldest son had to make a Valentines box for his class I chose to take some pictures showing him working on this project.


I tried to incorporate some leading lines in this picture, with the markers and glitter pens. I was having a lot of "help" so it was hard to really set up the picture. Settings are ISO 3200, f5.6, 1/20 shutter.


Here is Chris hard at work on his project. He really liked the glitter pens. A lot. Settings ISO 6400 f5.6, 1/30 shutter.


And his final finished project. He is very proud of it. :) Settings ISO 6400, f5.6, 1/30 shutter.

I also decided to take a picture showing shapes. 



I took some pictures with a different candle at first, but wasn't happy with it, because the wick in that candle is off center. This candle has been burned so is not perfectly round, but I still liked it better. There are also some leading lines from the folds in the napkin the plate is sitting on. Settings ISO 6400, f5.6, 1/125 shutter.

This class has been so good. I have definitely been learning a lot, and it makes me think about what I am trying to capture with my pictures. If you are looking to learn how to take better pictures, look into www.lessons.fifephotography.com. I really enjoy seeing what everyone else is doing as well as getting the feedback on my own photos. It helps me to really think about how I can capture the images I can see in my head :). It's clearly still a work in progress.

No comments: