Friday, February 1, 2013

2013 CM Monthly Challenge: Close-Up Portraiture




I joined a photography forum, Clickinmoms.com last year to learn more things about how to take better pictures of my children and family. Having taken several online classes previously through FifePhotography here in Norman and Bellapop out of Texas, I knew online learning was perfect for me. What I found there was a wonderful community of women who make it so easy and fun to learn new techniques and who are willing to teach new things. Through this I committed to starting my 365 project, taking daily pictures, which has been so much fun. I also committed to a monthy challenge of a Blog Circle with 14 other women. This month our topic was Close-Up Portraiture. This was more of a challenge for me as I take more lifestyle, candid shots, as my children, well, don't pose easily. Ha! But here are a few shots from this month. Enjoy!




Thanks for looking at mine, please follow the link and see what my friend  Melinda Anderson up with! :)

11 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh what beautiful kids- and beautiful photos! You certainly nailed this assignment- wonderful images!

Jen B. said...

Thank you!

Jen said...

Great images! I really love the sunflare you captured.

Jen B. said...

Thank you!

Rebecca said...

I never would have guessed they don't pose well. The sun flair in that first one is amazing!

Misty said...

If it makes you feel any better, my children don't pose easily for me either. That's if they pose at all! I've had to seriously lay off as they now hate for me to come after them with my camera.

Your children are beautiful. My favorite is the sunflare photo, it has a dreamy feel.

Anonymous said...

These are cute. My favorite is the first one.

Andee said...

Fun & playful lively eyes in #3 & 4. :)

Jen B. said...

Thanks. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I do like it :)

meredith said...

Jen, the second image with the sun flare is dreamy!

Unknown said...

Oh, Jen, the one with the flare is just beautiful - well done!! (And, if it's any consolation, taking pictures of kids at my house is harder than wrangling cats.)