Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Clickin Moms: Shallow Depth of Field

Here we are again. This month's Clickin Mom blog circle is all about having a shallow depth of field. This is actually something I think about a lot, when trying to figure out my settings. I love the flexibility of being able to manage my own settings and love how managing my depth of field changes the look of my photos. For these shots I used both my 40mm and my 28mm lenses. Two of my most favorite lenses :) The wider you shoot the narrower the depth of field, and the smaller the area of focus is. In these photos you can see the main area of focus are each of my children, and the area in front and behind them is falling out of focus becoming more blurry the further away it is.






For more on this topic please hop on over to Davina's blog. See you next month :)

2 comments:

Cat said...

Love how you can see the dandylions are out of focus in front and such cute shots of your kidlets!

Rebecca said...

You have some dang cute kids! Good job this month. :)